There are many reasons why owners sell.
- Lack of Long-Term Capital
- Burn Out
- Other Business Interests
- Partnership Disputes
- Health Problems
Every set of circumstances is different and personal to each individual business owner.
Whatever the reason, you need to plan an orderly transition to new ownership, leaving you free to implement plans for your future. Most sellers do not realize the steps that must be taken to ensure a successful sale.
There are many necessary steps involved in selling:
- Prepare an exit strategy.
- Learn how important confidentiality is in the sales and marketing process.
- Understand the fair market value of your business.
- Thoroughly prepare your business for sale. There is always a surprising amount of unfinished business that sellers need to deal with in order to setup the business for a smooth transition.
- Accurate and up-to-date documentation is required in order for your business to receive consideration by prospective buyers. Financial records, an equipment list, lease agreement, service contracts, etc. must be available before your business can be successfully marketed.
- Having a clean, organized and well-maintained facility will assist in attracting potential buyers.
- A trained and knowledgeable staff that will stay in place after the transition increases the value of your business to buyers.
When selecting The Restaurant Brokers to be your representative for the sale of your restaurant, you can be assured that your broker/agent has the knowledge and expertise to coordinate a successful transaction for all parties involved in the sale of your business.
Procedures must be in place so that your business will not be harmed by premature disclosure about the sale. The Restaurant Brokers have developed non-disclosure forms, procedures and closed networks of other agents to ensure that your business in marketed in the most confidential manner possible while maximizing exposure to qualified clients capable of purchasing your business.
We encourage you to accurately estimate of value for your restaurant. The Restaurant Brokers will assist in this process by evaluating your pricing strategy and utilizing current market trends to position the business for the best possible result.
A marketing package is created for each restaurant we list for sale in order to have a comprehensive business profile ready to present to any prospective buyers. This presentation package includes the facts about your restaurant that will assist buyers in making and informed decision in a timely manner.
There are many avenues available for the marketing of your restaurant to prospective buyers. The Restaurant Brokers utilize a full range of advertising venues to ensure maximize exposure which will include all of the following:
- Listing Exchanges
- Business For Sale Websites
- Restaurant Insider (TRB Newsletter)
- Electronic Mail Distribution
- A Database of Over 10,000 Clients
- Commercial Broker Associations
- Networking and Trade Shows
We offer all of these methods, in addition to exposure to an existing, pre-screened client base that we have developed. We also a charter member of the Arizona Board of Business Brokers, an association of business brokers working together to creating additional buzz about businesses for sale. We make sure that every member receives information about the availability of your restaurant (with applicable confidentiality instructions) in the event they have a client who would be well suited to purchase your business.
We will provide both you and the prospective buyer, and their respective agents, if any, with professional representation throughout the preparation of the offer and the resulting negotiation to the written agreement. As your representative, we will proceed through this process in a timely manner, while continuing to preserve the integrity of your negotiating position to deliver a price and terms that are acceptable for the sale of your business.
Close of Escrow:
Once an agreement has been signed, we will be instrumental in controlling the process from the agreement to the time when you close escrow and transfer possession and responsibility of your restaurant. During this critical time, we ensure that deadlines are met and conditions satisfied, along with addressing any unexpected problems that may arise.
Our clients can answer that question even better than we can! With thousands of successful transactions concluded and lots over very happy clients, many that have done multiple transactions with The Restaurant Brokers over the years, we think it would be great for you to hear it from them firsthand. Here’s a list of just some of those we’ve work with… and we thank them all – we enjoyed every minute!